This book was a tip by Becky McCray (thank you @beckymccray) a while ago and it was on my Amazon wish list for a while.
The book: Built to Sell: Turn Your Business Into One You Can Sell (aff)
The tips that I mention in the video:
- No clients that are more than 15% of your revenue
- Pitching a prices that you own, puts you in control
- Make the business less dependent on you
- Standardize – make products. Customers vs clients
- Say no to clients that don not use your standardized process/product
- Hire 2 sales people, better than 1. They will compete.
- Hire people that are used to sell products
In the book are actually even more tips, but these are my favorites.
When you start a business, it’s natural to dream of selling it one day. In fact, more than half of America’s 27 million business owners say they want to sell their business in the next 10 years
You may want to retire, travel, cash out or just sleep well at night knowing you could sell your business.
Unfortunately, just 1 out of every 100 business owners is successful in selling his or her company each year.
John also offers a free ebook – The freedom manifesto. To download the ebook you will have use your name and email address and you will also get his newsletter.
Feel free to send me your book.
When I like it I will do a book review on it. (the shipping address is here contact)
View comments (Speak up!)
if you enjoyed this, signup and get email updates